Always check the conditions and exclusions of your policy as coverage does vary from insurer to insurer. Here are a few examples of items not covered by travel insurance.
- Suicide, self-inflicted injury, self-exposure to needless peril.
- Any pre-existing conditions or excluded illness.
- Any professional sport or any dangerous sports such as rock climbing or skydiving.
- Baggage losses not reported to police within 24 hours, and/or to the carrier immediately as appropriate.
- No proof is provided for relevant expenses/loss.
- Normal wear and tear, breakage or damage to fragile articles.
- Driving whilst intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or narcotics.
- Intentional loss or damage, use of car rental in violation of the car rental agreement.
- Liability or damage whether or not the Insured Person is responsible under the car rental agreement.